CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Part One: E-Mail Conversations & Things We Forgotten

The sun peeked through the dirty glass window and reflected off of the wooden table, shining into Ellie's eyes. Putting her hands in front of her eyes she saw Jacob coming down the hallway, his bobbing to the music coming from his iPod. Ellie got up from the chair and went behind the single file of students coming out of Science class. "Hey Jacob," she said, tapping him lightly on the shoulders. Her bookbag was slung across her shoulders, and her hair was just the way she wanted it nice and neat. "Can you beileve that summer is already here! I can smell the burning rubber from the water balloons that is filling up my nostrils" Ellie continued, grining happily. Jacob liked Ellie's smile it was the sweet and inoccent smile when he knew that Ellie had the reckless smile when she always think of spending the summer with her friends. "Just the same old Ellie Johansen I've known" Jacob said, opening his locker door taking out his math notebook. "I hate when you do that the whole end-of-the-sumer lecture, it is time for some new trends, it's about time isn't?" Ellie said kicking her feet up against the wall with her back leaning against the locker doors. "I don't think it's about time to change, it is not even New Year's Eve yet!" Jacob answered back. "It's our New Year's Eve" Ellie claimed. Kathleen came around the hallway with a stack of paper in her hands. "Kat, where you going?" Ellie called after her. "Sorry,I've got to go . . . .the popualrs made me do their science project or else they would dunk my head into Mr. Dibbs spitoon!" Kathleen said. Ellie watched her speed of into the cafeteria and give the dumb populars their science project neatly filed. "Jacob, don't you think that we should at least tell the populars to back off of Kat, they think of her as their little decoy or something" Ellie said, peeling back her tangerine. "So they can dunk our heads into toilets where human waste is displace?" Jacob stated, proving his point very well. "You just ruin my appetite for this tangerine, a matter of fact, for my entire lunch" Ellie pushed her lunch away from her in disgust. Jacob tried not to look Ellie in the face because of what happened the last time, he was staring into Ellie's eyes and Kathleen noticed he had a thing for Ellie and she blurted it out to Ellie but she didn't beileve her anyhow. But they were alone, in Ellie's room where they usually go for their lunch and free period.

Ellie thought that Jacob was cute after all but she rather keep it quiet since they are other girls in the school who drool over him, at these times Ellie pretends to be disgusted by them but really she wants to fight back. Soon they heard Kathleen coming up the stairs with her lunch in her hand. She was wearing her regular blue jeans and short white long sleeve with her dark wispy curls in a ponytail as if she was a hot local farmer's daughter who only milks cows. "Sorry I'm late, I hope you guys weren't doing anything when I was gone" Kathleen hinted, winking flirtiously. "Okay, whatever you're talking about I just don't want to here what is going on between you two" Ellie laughed. "There is nothing going on between us!" Jacob and Kathleen said in unison. "I was joking you guys, we're here to discuss our summer vacation plans" Ellie stated, shaking her summer notebook. Jacob and Kathleen sat beside her on the bed, with their heads lean against the wall lazily. Jacob peeked over Ellie's shoulder inhaling her favorite perfume deeply. "I don't know Ellie, what if you're Mom comes up with a summer plan already in store for you. . . .but not for us?" Kathleen questioned. "My mom don't plan summer plans without me knowing, she doesn't do plans, she lets me plan my summer vacation" Ellie stated. "I have an idea, how about this summer we'll try to get our first kiss" Jacob said. Kathleen smiled and Ellie bite her eraser "I like that idea Jacob" Ellie smiled. Soon ideas were jotted down and they choose the one they were going to do this summer. "We've got to head back to school, it's almost last period" Kathleen said, getting up from the bed and already down the stairs, then out of the door. Ellie and Jacob stayed behind and cleaned up everything. "Thanks for helping me Jacob. I was thinking maybe you want to stay over tonight for dinner with my family?" Ellie asked. "Uh, sorry Ellie I've got help my Mom out tonight with dinner. My Dad isn't going to make it tonight anyhow, it's snowing in Tulsa" Jacob said. "It's okay, lets just get to school" Ellie said, grabbing up bookbag. Jacob gave her a peck on the cheek and quickly went down the stairs.
Ellie smiled and walked behind him.

Ellie walked home the same day leaving Jacob on the bus, she didn't feel like sitting next to him and talk about the things that no one could ever understand. she thought it was sweet when Jacob gave her that kiss on her cheek and walked away instead of seeing her reaction. But she didn't care for the kiss on the cheek. "Mom,I'm home" Ellie said, shuffling across the carpet looking like the female version of Ozzy Osbourne. "Hey Ellie, I have to talk to you" her mom responded. Ellie plopped down on one of the couches and stared at her mother feeling the need to gnaw on her fingernails. "Honey, I know you always hang out with Jacob and Kathleen every summer," Ellie rolled her eyes in disgust as she heard the word "Jacob" rolled against her mother's tounge and then came out of her plump ruby red lips. "So, I decide to send you to camp. . . .Ellie, are you listening?" her mother said. Ellie snapped out of her daydream and was fully listening to her mother, "Sorry Mom, so what were saying now?" Ellie asked. "I said you are going to camp, Camp Ralph & Rose Hittman" her mother stated with a stern look on her face. "You can't do this to me, you know that I always spend the summer with Kat and Jacob. You're only sending me to camp because you want some alone time with freaking toothpaste guy, besides he got problems with his--" "What your mouth young lady! I've told you already about that trashy mouth of yours" her mother shouted, sticking her finger in Ellie's face. "Whatever you say mom, I'll pack my stuff" Ellie said. When he mother turned her back, Ellie crossed her arms across her chest and mouthed the F word at her, then stomped off into her bedroom and slammed the door shut. She wasn't packing at all, she was silently crying and silently venting.

E-Mail Conversation:
EllieChic: Hey Jacob, I'm sorry for leaving you on the bus this evening. I just didn't felt like talking about crap.
DJJacob: It's alright, besides I was talking to Stephanie Cornell this evening on the bus. . . . .she seems really sweet.
EllieChic: Oh. . . .that's great, you guys will probably be seeing more of each other!
DJJacob: What are talking about Ellie. . . .is this about the kiss, we had at free period?
EllieChic: No Jacob! You know what, just forget it I'm logging off.
[EllieChic logs off]
DJJacob: Ellie. . . . .Ellie are you there?
[DJJacob logs off]
[KittyKat logs on]
KittyKat: Ellie, girly-girl are you on! I'm bored here I need some trash talk about those "populars" from you!
[EllieChic logs on]
EllieChic: Hey Kat
KittyKat: Wow, only two words?!?!?! I wouldn't except that from Ellie Johansen the GREAT.
EllieChic: *Laughing* You can always brighten up day Kat.
KittyKat: I know, I'm like Little Miss. Sunshine around you guys, then I'm like total Little Miss. Decoy or something. There is two sides of me Ellie, the one who always brighten up peoples day and the other is the one everyone in school knows about, the decoy. If the brighter side of me wouldn't just hide underneath the decoy then everyone would know the real Kathleen Riverbed. I wish we lived in a world where the was only normal human beings, where evryone could reconcile everyone's difference.
EllieChic: Wow. . .Kat I never knew you can be this deep. How come you couldn't write your poem like that, instead of 'Oh how the tables has turned"?
KittyKat: Ellie, your always making fun of someone, but I like it when you make fun of me though.
EllieChic: Kat? Can I ask you a question?
KittyKat: Shoot!
EllieChic: How come you never talk about your parents? Don't you have parental issues?
KittyKat: Ellie, I don't want to talk about this. Besides, I've got to go and . . . . . eat some jellybeans.
[KittyKat logs off]
EllieChic: Eat some jellybeans?!?! You can't be serious Kat? Kat? Kat? UGH!
[EllieChic logs off]

Stephanie sat on her window sill, her laptop perched on top of her neatly shaven tanned legs. She waited for anyone to appear online of her e-mailing list but suddenly her Sidekick LX began vibrating, she picked up the phone and looked at the number. It was a number she never heard or even had listed onto her phone but she still picked it up. "Hello, Stephanie Cornell here" she said, in her best flirty voice. "Hey Stephanie, it's me Jacob" He stated. Jacob sounded nerveous as if he witness a murder. "Oh Jacob, how are you?" Stephanie questioned, her voice sounding flat. "I'm fine I was thinking about--" "You know what Jacob, I would really love it if you e-mail me, it's much more better" Stephanie interrupted. "Uh, sure we can chat over e-mail". He hanged up the phone and he suddenly appeared on her list.

E-Mail Conversation
DJJacob: Hi Stephanie, again.
Miss.StephanieCornell: Hi Jacob, do you know I love fashion?
DJJacob: No, but I was hoping we can talk about what I was talking about on the phone.
Miss.StephanieCornell: My all-time favorite band Metro Station!
DJJacob: Yeah, that sure is intresting Stephanie. But were aren't talking about you.
Miss.StephanieCornell: Almost everyday, after school, I always go onto YouTube just to read this story called " A Jonas Romance" by this girl named Jenna. She is such a great author.
DJJacob: Stephanie can we just please get back to the shorten talk we had on the phone?
Miss.StephanieCornell: Yeah, sure, whatever.
DJJacob: Thank You, I was wondering do you want eat lunch with Ellie, Kat, and I?
Miss.StephanieCornell: Are you freaking serious?!?! *Laughing* that is a good one Jacob. You eased my hunger just now with that joke.
DJJacob: It wasn't a joke Stephanie.
Miss.StephanieCornell: You're like all the pathetic losers I met on the bus before, you losers always fall my trap with a guy they think I want to date them, for a girl they think I want to be their friend. Don't you understand we come from different places, loser! Didn't you see tht I was using you, for a hour and half you were my little decoy, I ruffled your "luscious" short curly hair and made you blushed and got you away from your iPod. But you wouldn't even done that if it was Ellie Johansen wouldn't you? Adios, loser!
[Miss.StephanieCornell logs off]
DJJacob: I guess I was wrong about you after all.
[DJJacob logs off]

Ellie slowly peeled off her clothes while waiting for the water to get hot as she went to take a shower. Her eyes were red and puffy as if she aten something she was allgeric to. Her eyes were burning her from crying so much about going to camp, she tried to think of the brighter side of things about going to camp. But nothing was bright about going to camp, she was planning to runaway but her mother would know where to find and telll the cops where to exactly find her, in one of the abandon houses across town. She loathed her mother for knowing her secret runaway places but she had already runaway before, when she was five years old. It wasn't exactly runing away because she was suffering with her mother, she just saw this boy and she was amazed by his yellow colored hair and wanted to see if he used a highlighter to make it yellow. So she followed him home, but soon she lost track of him and she thought he'll appear again if she hide one of the abandon houses. Soon, the police found her sitting the dark happily singing "Yellow Haired Boy". Ellie stepped into the shower and let the hot water pound against her face and let the water run down her body, going into the drain. "Ellie, I bought you some Strawberry PopTart and a glass of milk, since you didn't come out to eat dinner. I'll leave it in front of your door, goodnight" her mother said, outside of the door. Ellie heard her mom weep softly but she didn't care about the pain she gave to her mother. but it wasn't only her anyhow, it was her father too. For leaving them her just because he had some "business work" to do. Ellie knew he wasn't going away for business work, he was going back to his ex-wife, to live with her in Georgia. Ellie was shivering since the heat hasn't come up yet, but she closed eyes and shortly after, she fell asleep forgetting about the treat left outside of her bedroom door.

0 comments: