CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Part Two: Summer Dreams Dwell Upon Me

Ellie walked through the school's hallways alone, thinking of anything that will possibly get her mind off summer camp. "Ellie, wait up! I need to talk to you" Jacob shouted acroos the hallway. He was running towards her but she kept on walking. "Ellie, you was right about what you said last night" He stated, hoping she'll smile at him and give him a hug. Instead she said "Good". "What's your problem?This morning you didn't come upto me like you normally do or even came and walked with me to my locker at lunch. Is something wrong, between us?" "Jacob, is that all you ever think about! Us? There is no us, there was never an Ellie and Jacob! It was always Ellie, Jacob and Kathleen. There was never an us Jacob" Ellie stated, she walked away from him and started to walk home. Jacob stood in the same spot watching Ellie cross the street, he walked back to his locker and gather up his stuff. "I heard what happened today between you and Ellie. I guess you guys broken up because she is going to summer camp this summer. You've got to be totally bummed out" Kathleen stated, as they waited for their ice cream cones. "She said there was no us, wait what are you talking about anyhow? She isn't going to summer camp . . . . .so that is what she was trying to tell me yesterday" Jacob realized. "So you guys weren't going out after all. But yeah, her mom is sending out to Camp Ralph & Rose Hittman for 2 whole weeks. You know how much Mrs. Johansen loves that toothpaste commerical guy with his "gender" problems" Kathleen joked. Jacob and Kathleen was at the local beach walking across the boardwalk which was full with people, Jacob looked to his right to see if Ellie was there slurping her Coco Cola, but all he saw was a little boy holding his mother hands licking his Strawberry Nut ice cream away as if it was his last ice cream he'll ever have again before the world comes to an end. Kathleen and Jacob stopped midway between the boardwalk to get the good view of the fisherman fishing for fish, only hoping that he'll fall in the water again after he felt a tug on his fishing line when it was really one of those rotten kids who always tricks him. When he did fall, niether one of them laugh because they didn't hear the sweet laughter of Ellie.

"Ellie Johansen and Janelle Fillips, you will be going to bunk Cherokee," said the Counselor . "Uh, Rebecca I'll need you to bring Ms. Johansen back to me, I need to talk to her" he said, nodding his head in agreement. "Yes Jack" Rebecca responded. Ellie tugged on her suitcase as she tugged it on the curved road. The ride from New York City to Upstate New York didn't seem too long to Ellie, only 3 hours. The place was like an old Indian tribe ground, the lake was large and had certain areas where the children can swim. There was about 10 bunks, the boys and girls were separated. The girls' bunks were on the grounds while the boys' bunks were in the hills. It was nice and cool, the sun beamed nicely down at the lake and the trees surround the camp like it was protecting them danger. "This is where your bunk is, Cherokee" Rebecca beamed. "Rebbecca, do you mind if I call you Becky? Anyways, do you guys have computers here?" "Yeah, they computers are in the hills. Sure, you can all me Becky but don't worry about the hills it's not like moutains and stones it's just a lot of tree trunks and tree branches not to mention lots of dirt" Rebecca stated, her beaming happiness fading away. "Thanks Becky". Ellie walked in and saw the other girls laughing and brushing their hair. "You must be our new camper, I'm Jasmine" she said, holding out her hand. "Ellie. Ellie Johansen" she responded, shaking her hand. Ellie sat down on the lower bunk bed in the back by the cabinets and the windows. "Josiah is so cute, too bad he isn't paying attention none of the girls here" one of the campers said. The campers were outside for break time, some where playing marbles and others were discovering nature or just talking. Ellie was sitting on the rock, she brought her drawing notebook with her. As she was flipping through the notebook she stopped at a drawing of Jaocb, with a laughing smile on his face. She smiled at the picture remembering the three of them sitting on docks at the beach laughing at the people who pass by, sometimes they'll go over to Coney Island and watch people try to win items but loss no matter how hard the try. "You drew that?" a boy asked, sitting next to her. "Yeah, that's my boy--guy friend" Ellie said, remembering what she said to Jacob. "Your a really good artist, I can't draw like that but I can draw" He beamed. Ellie didn't rsponded this time, instead she pondered over the fact about how everyone in this camp always beaming down at each other. Wasn't there any drama? "What's your name?" the boy asked. "Ellie Johansen. How about you?" "Joisah Perish"He said, squinting his eyes as he looked across the lake in the distance. Ellie suddenly beamed back at him but then it quickly disappered as she realize what she had done. The girls from her bunk we're sitting on the bench by the valley where they were watching and whispering at each other glaring at Ellie and Joisah. Ellie gets up and walked into the bunk, she needed some luaghter to fill her blood vains and the only person who can do that was Kathleen.

E-Mail Conversation:
EllieChic: Hey Kat, how's it going over there . . . . .in New York?
[KittyKat logs on]
KittyKat: Nothing much really. It's just a borning summer without you, I'm glad you e-mailed us but I wasn't expecting you to e-mail us on the first day this fast just into 5 hours!
EllieChic: Doesn't seem like I care??I'm not even allowed to bring electronics but my counselor said it's okay mainly because I told her I need to e-mail my mom which is partly true, but I also wanted to keep in touch with you guys.
KittyKat: I thought you will be the new and improve Ellie Johansen! But I see you'll be returning as the trashy mouted Ellie.
EllieChic: I can't beileve you'll even think that!
KittyKat: Moving on, the t tempture is high in New York! Jacob and I were trying to cool off with some ice cream by the boardwalk but that didn't work out one bit, so now we're in this large cooling tent that my mom set up for us and it's cool in here otherwise. We also have tons of ice cream in the freezer. Jacob and I are also thinking about sleeping here since there is two beds in here. So did you met a cute boy yet or were they any after all?
EllieChic: I see you guys are going up to summer expectations without me so far but I not too bummed out about it anyhow. On the other hand, I have met a cute boy his name is Joisah and his pretty cool but I think he is vry intrested in me that much. I wouldn't expect anyhow, he even saw the portrait I drew of . . . . .uh, just forget it.
KittyKat: Jacob?
EllieChic: What are you talking you about?
KittyKat: He saw the portrait of Jacob he drew last summer!
EllieChic: Damn you are so good at letting me spilled out my secrets, but I can never do that with you.
KittyKat: Yeah. It's amazing isn't it?
EllieChic: Awkward
KittyKat: Yeah, well I got to go and head out to Lamb's lame house party. He is having the lame house party way too early, it's way better when it's at night. Ah, good memories, good memories. . . . . .
EllieChic: Thanks for rubbing it Kat!
[EllieChic logs off]
[KittyKat logs off]

Stephanie swung her foot as she was silently grunting in pain. Her stomach had a black and blue bruised brushed against her stomach and her lower lip was busted. She could remember everything that just happen, only a half hour ago. She just came back in from a night of shopping with her friends. Her mother was sitting at the table witha large bottle of Vodka on the table next to her, half empty. When she came in, her mother was staring dead at her, slowly getting up from her chair, "Close that door" she said in low drunken voice. Stephanie gulped and shut the door but her hand was still clasped onto the doorknob. She staggered up to Stephanie, "Where have you been? You left me here in this house all alone" Her mother said. The heavy smell of alcohol felt like it was suffocating Stephanie, her mother run her index finger softly across Stephanie's smooth porcelain skin "My little girl is growing up, growing up so fast," she said in a sweet voice. "But that doesn't give you the right to hang out with those donwright dirty girls and boys out there. You suppose to be here with your mother not with those bums out there who doesn't care about you not even if you fall into a pit of cement and become a sidewalk!" Her mother suddenly shouted. Her mother began throwing punches and kicks screaming and cursing. "You like all those other bums out there who think they got everything. . . . ." her mother stated murmuring curse words. Stephanie walked to the bathroom mirror and search for a compass, once she found the math tool she removed the pencil, then she took the sharp edge and cut her arm close by the wrist. She watched the pure blood drip into the sink in heavy plops. She wiped the blood away and put rubbing alochol to soothe the cut. She went into her bed, she knew her father had already came home and her mother was asleep probably with another bottle of alcohol by her side. Next door, in the guest bedroom, Stephanie can here the noise coming from there. No one is ever in that room, ever since she lost her grandfather, the only person who could've been there was her father and a lady friend.

E-Mail Conversation:
DJJacob: Ellie, how come you haven't e-mail us for six days now!
EllieChic: Jacob! I miss you guys so much I was so caught in my . . . .
DJJacob: Caught up in your what?
EllieChic: My new relationship, with my boyfriend Joisah. . . . . .
DJJacob: Oh, well, I'm here for you and I'm happy for you Ellie. Kat wants to speak to you anyhow.
[DJJacob logs off]
[KittyKat logs on]
KittyKat: I can't beileve you move on that fast! But are you really over Jacob?
EllieChic: It's not like I have strong feelings for him, just feelings, you know
KittyKat: So what you're trying to say is that your in a basic love triangle?
EllieChic: How I'm I suppose to know! Aren't you the one who get me through my social awkwardness and parental issues, now you're dealing with my love problems! It's unbeileveable
KittyKat: Actually, no, I'm not the one you should go to. You should go to Charlie Bartlett!
EllieChic: Kat, Charlie Bartlett is a fictional character.
KittyKat: I know that, can't a be just a bit sarcastic!
EllieChic: Later on in life when we don't have to deal with problems like this.
Kitty Kat: Look Ellie, if you have feelings for both of them then you need to find out which one you're more in love with, you're best guy friend or the cute camper boy you've met only 4 days ago.
[KittyKat logs off]
[EllieChic logs off]

0 comments: