CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Part Fifteen: Except You Got That Look In Your Eye

"That is what I called my shudders" Arnold said. His was sitting comfortable in his plywood chair, packed with his cushions. A smoke of gray took place in random spots of his full grown and shave beard. They were sitting on the back porch, with Mr. Ringo Star, Arnold's shot gun, laying beside him. The rest of them sat on the rockers chairs with drinking mint tea, which was just hot water and mint leaves. "Why do you call them shudders?" Stephanie asked, sipping the tea. "Why do you called shoes, shoes?" Arnold responded. Stephanie felt shunned, while Arnold cursed under his breath. "Can you smell it? It's hunting season, those blasted birds will be flying over head, and there I am, with Mr. Ringo Star place in my hand like a prized possession, shooting those birds and roasting them in the fireplace" He licked his lips. Arnold took out a wooden box and opened it, inside was a pile of cigars, he took one out and lighted it.


"Dueller, my good man, come talk to me boy. Lets go shoot some duck for me to eat, tonight" Arnold said, the cigar hanging from the side of his mouth and his arm around Dueller's shoulder. "Here take this one" Arnold threw him a shotgun "Oh, bloody hell" Dueller said, as he flipped the gun around his hand. "Hey, don't point the gun at me, would you kid?" Arnold said, annoyed. "Be careful out there, Dueller. Don't worry, Arnold is good guy, unless he tells you something that makes he think more thoroughly" Stephanie said.

"Your words will absolve me, maybe" He said. Arnold and Dueller walked into the deep woods and went by the lake where there was a clear view and it was barren. "Dueller, I heard you're from England, the entertainer" Arnold said, putting the bullets in. "I'm guessing that Ellie must have told you that, didn't she?" "Nope, she didn't. I have my ways boy, didn't you perhaps noticed that I live in what I supposedly called the reclusive area. Didn't you perhaps notice that you rarely so anyone comes up to this place, do you see any houses near me. I think not, Mr. Dueller Thompson" Arnold said, without even flinching he lifted his gun and shot a bird. Dueller looked down at the dirt and looked at Arnold's gray eyes, duller than a donkey's own. "Come on, we've got to keep moving. Can't have any wet bird for dinner".


"Ever been arrested?" Arnold asked, sitting on a tree stump. "No, I've seen my grandfather got arrested but that was having an incredible amount of parking tickets, can't really blame the old man" Dueller joked. "You don't amuse me boy, so I suggest you stop trying to. You didn't even shoot a god damn bird, yet. What are you a chicken? I thought entertainers were suppose to be entertaining" Arnold said. "What are you trying to say me? Why did you even bring me out alone, here, with you?" Dueller asked, feeling as if he wanted a cigarette. "I'm trying to get something out of you boy. If you're really wondering why I bring you out here is because I have one simple question for you: "What really happen to your parents?". Dueller stared back him, he knew that this entire time he was lying about his parents. He didn't answered, instead he shot a bird and walked back towards the house.

The bedroom door was locked and Stephanie was up, worried since Dueller didn't tell her anything. She turned her body fully to him, "What happen, today, with Arnold?You can trust me Dueller, I'm girlfriend" She said, whispering. She wanted to give it to him, just so he can at least confess. "It was nothing, Stephanie. He just kept on asking me questions and told me not to amuse him" Dueller confessed. Stephanie climbed on top of him, "What were the questions?". "Stephanie, by you trying to please me, won't make me confess, just wants me to ask for more" He smiled. Stephanie went back on her side, "Goodnight Stephanie" Dueller said, kissing her. She pulled away and hugged herself, why did he had to be so confidential with himself? She went on her laptop.

To: Ellie Johansen <elliechic@teenmail.com>
Fr: Stephanie Cornell<miss.stephaniecornell@teenmail.com>
Re: Arnold Lippmann and Dueller
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dueller still hasn't told me anything that went on down at Arnold Lippmann's place. I tried to get him to confess but giving it to him, but I'm guessing he knew what I had in mind anyway. All he told me was that he asked him a few questions and told him try not to amuse him [who would EVER try to amuse the reclusive, he never smiles!]. You and Jacob seem like the only couple in the house who have the perfect relationship, I mean my boyfriend wouldn't even bother tell me a thing. But if he finds something he'll start asking me questions. He is really sweet though.

//Stephanie C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Stephanie Cornell <miss.stephaniecornell@teenmail.com>
Fr: Ellie Johansen <elliechic@teenmail.com>
Re: He is really sweet though. . . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, why is everyone [maybe not exactly everyone] is coming to me with their problem?(!!!!!)
But, whatever, Jacob and I don't have such a great relationship. Besides showing our possibly undying love for each other, whenever we get the chance to, but we do have our bad times together. Like when Jacob unloaded waste into the toilet and forgot to use the spray can to burry the smell, so I had to stick with it while taking a shower. I literally had to smell my Dove soap so the smell won't climb up into my nostrils. So, Steph, you aren't the only one who have problems. But I really feel sorry for Kat, I mean she has nobody, I was wonder if she cries herself to sleep when I listen to Jacob's heartbeat, all she has is a soft pillow to listen to. I hope she finds someone, at least.

Rock 'n' Roll,
Ellie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:Ellie Johansen <elliechic@teenmail.com>
Fr: Stephanie Cornell <miss.stephaniecornell@teenmail.com>
Re: Thanks and Goodnight
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Ellie, I really thought you two were perfect. But I guess we all go through our own troubles, don't we? I know you'll agree with me, but Dueller has this thing that makes him stand out and the reason why I don't feel like I'm in deep water. He is like my little mircale.

Goodnight,
Stephanie

P.S.: I didn't know you had the same name as Scarlett Johansen!
P.P.S.: Are you guys cousins are what?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Stephanie Cornell <miss.stephaniecornell@teenmail.com>
Fr: Ellie Johansen <elliechic@teenmail.com>
Re: Thanks and Goodnight
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're welcome, Stephanie. Scarlett and I aren't cousin. You haven't notice that I was a Johansen and we've been arch enemies-turned-friends since eighth grade, I guess you were in that big cloud of popualrity.

Goodnight,
Ellie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Chanel said...

Please, do not e-mail the characters. they're fake e-mail addresses, there is now such thing as teenmail.com it's just a werid different way i got from Meg Cabot of changing it from hotmail to teenmail.

//Shenell Keanna

Unknown said...

I liked the e-mails. Arnold is one of a kind..most definitely.

Well, hope you let your imagination savor more scenes. All the best on the rest of the month and take it easy.