CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Part Sixteen: Ending Lives In Half

Ellie stared hard and long at the pencil, with the white sock balled up in her hands. "I can't believe you have to go" Kathleen said, slapping her hand on her shoulder. Ellie shrugged it off and stared back at the pencil. Why did she had to go back to her dad? She thought she was already dead since he hadn't spoken to her for eight years. For eight years her mother struggle and for eight years she wasn't able to see her father's hazel eyes, so was why he running back to her now? the new wife had some kind of disease he doesn't want catch or he realized she was using him. "Kat, can you please excuse us? I need to talk to Ellie, for a while" Jacob said, looking upset and worried. Kathleen raised up her hands and walked out the room closing the door behind her. "Ellie, I know you probably don't want to talk to me but just hear me out. I care about you a lot and you mean the world to me, really. But if we have to end it like this, then, fine it's your choice" Jacob said, his jaw line tensed. Ellie was quiet not saying a word, only twisting the balled up sock. "I don't want to leave you, Jacob. I love you, I don't want to ever leave you like this" Ellie cried, hugging Jacob tightly.

Jacob let her stayed there, sobbing on his shoulder. "We can't do this, Ellie. We have to break-up, we can't continue like this. I can't continue like this" Jacob parted away from Ellie, slamming the door behind him. Ellie had to leave, she couldn't resist the fact that her boyfriend didn't want her anymore simply because she was leaving. How could they be buddies again when she'll have the urge to kiss him. She had to move, she picked her up packed suitcase and headed down stairs. She saw Dueller and Stephanie sitting outside on the backyard swinging set, he had to leave too. "I can always contact you in London, maybe bring you a few pictures of Big Ben"Dueller smiled. "But they said 99.9% of long distance relationship would not work out. Ever heard of that "Long Distance Relationships Would Kill You", well, I don't want that to happen" Stephanie kissed Dueller's pale lips. "It wouldn't because I'll always call you and have you ever heard of "Inseparable", well, even though were miles and miles apart you'll still be holding onto my heart, I know, were inseparable" Dueller singed. Stephanie's heart melted and tears ripped down her cheeks, the black hole in heart will now forever remain there. Ellie left the house without telling anyone, she was devastated, she couldn't believe that everything good was now falling apart. There was big lump in her throat she kicked the lamppost and threw her luggage on the sidewalk.

"Ellie? Where is Ellie?" Kathleen pondered
"She was here a while ago" Jacob called back
"She isn't in the room and no where else in the house" Stephanie stated.
"I think Ellie left already" Jacob said, realizing what he has done.
"Jacob, what is it?" Kathleen was staring at him, worried.
"I told her that it was over and now she's gone"
Kathleen glared at Jacob feeling as if she wanted to beat his head against an egg beater.
"I can't believe you told her that. Jacob, Ellie was head over heels for you. She gave everything up for you, and this is how you repay her"
"I didn't mean to, seriously. I was in love with her....but I forgot about the memories were shared" Jacob was looking down at the floor, tears filling his eyes. "shegot to be by Arnold, she just has to be" Kathleen raced out of the door, with Jacob following close behind.

Ellie was sitting on the park bench, she ran the dull sharp edge of the broken beer bottle across her fingertips. She was trying to release all the pain. She could hear footsteps crunching against the fall leaves, her name echoed and in the distance she could see Stephanie trying to move the tree from her face. Jacob was there, too and Kathleen. "Ellie? Why did you leave without telling us?" Jacob rushed up to her, picking her up and holding her tightly. She pulled away, "You said it's over. You meant it, Jacob" tears pour down her cheeks. "I wasn't thinking straight, okay. I was just upset that you were leaving, I know that you have to move to Philadelphia....but, but I want us to remain friends, that is all" Jacob explained, even though he wanted to be more than friends. Ellie was facing the lake and letting the wind blow through her hair, she turned around and kissed Jacob. She pulled away and hugged him tightly, her head resting on his chest. "I don't think our friendship will last either if we're miles and miles apart" She said. She pulled away once she saw the cab coming down the street, "Bye you guys" She waved, tears of joy and sadness ripped down her cheek as she climb inside heading towards the bus station.
"What did she say?" Stephanie asked. Stephanie, Kathleen and Jacob we're all by Arnold, drinking his homemade tea. "She said, that our friendship wouldn't even last if we remain friends and not lovers" Jacob looked down at his tea. Stephanie sighed, "I think Dueller and I relationship won't last long either, he might find someone else in London to love. I know it's not going to be me, but I wish him the best of luck if he ever finds true love". Arnold face glowed in the fireplace and a smile creased upon his face, "I remember Delia, my true love. She died 60 years ago, we were at prom and felt the moment was right just to kiss. We did kiss, she told she'll never forget that night when I dropped her home. The next morning, as I passed by her house, the police and abumlance were there. Delia grew up in a abusive home, they found her dead on her bed. Her father was just on a rampage, he killed Delia on the spot after raping his daughter. It was Delia who made me become a reclusive, it was Delia who made me change the views of people, it was Delia who made me who I am today". Everyone was quiet as they listened to Arnold's story, the only noise came from the fireplace with the wood crackling. Arnold turned to Jacob, "So my boy, don't weep just because Ellie is miles away from you. Don't think the possible outcome of life is impossible. The possible outcome of life is possible".

3 comments:

ivy said...

So you've come back to this one..I see...

I'm trying to write a little on the Danny story, but not trying to push myself to write that much. Although, I do have fun with Danny and Jamie.

All the best on your writing..I see you've got lots of descriptions..and plot, too.

Kingshuk said...

Nice sroty..Luv it..will come back for the rest of teh story..Welcome to my blogs too and feel free to leave your comments

ivy said...

aw..wish you could write more..maybe some day.