CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Part Six: Get Me Out of Rehab

Ellie, Jacob and Kathleen waited anxiously for the public bus. Jacob was trying to Ellie something that was important but he couldn't get it out, it wasn't the time, it was the time for crisis at hand. When the bus finally came, they paid the fee and jumped on. "Why was Stephanie in rehab? She never told me she had a problem, I was her friend" Kathleen said, looking hurt and confused. Ellie was staring out the window watching the reflection of the seriousness in Jacob's face. Jacob looked across at Ellie who was sitting quietly next to Kathleen who was mumbling under her breath. He took out his phone and began to text message her.

Jacob: Are you okay? You look kind of unhappy or some unworthy feeling.
Ellie: Yeah. I'm just kind of realizing what is happening. I mean with Stephanie in rehab and then our sudden relationship and all, it's all really confusing. I feel like I'm losing myself. Jacob, have I change since I came back from camp?
Jacob: You're still the same Ellie I've known, you haven't change one bit, yet. Plus, I know how you feel too, it must be all like a dream, a dream you which you could wake up from immediately but somehow it feel as if someone put glue in your eyelids to keep it shut and for you to stay in that dream to see what happens in the end.
Ellie: You know me so well. When you explain my thoughts it's like rhythmic poem, it makes my heart melt.
Jacob: My mom tells me that I got the quality from my dad, I wish he could see me now. He always liked you, somehow he always knew I liked you but I waited. The last words he told me before he set foot into that car was: "It's good to wait because good things come along the way. Jacob, I want you to remember this for the rest of your life: 'You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.'"
Ellie: Your dad was good man Jacob, sometimes when I look at you, I see him hidden beneath you and sometimes he shines out to me every once in a while. My uncle was the only person I got along with in my family, we were like brother and sister. He would share secrets with me, I'll share secrets with him. When he moved to France with his unruly fiancee, he gave me a present, it was a saying that he never shared with anyone before, ever since my grandfather died. "Live like you're at the bottom, when you're at the top". He was the one who influenced me, maybe that is just why my mother doesn't care for me.
Jacob: Don't say that Ellie, your mother do care for you. If she didn't you wouldn't have a bed to sleep in, you wouldn't have a place to belong. Anyways, we're here. Let's go.


Stephanie stood underneath the dim round streetlight. She had nothing except the little piece of clothing that clung onto her body. Her eyes seemed as if they've been deepened into her eye sockets and looked like the bride in the Corpse Bride. Kathleen ran up to her and hugged her tightly, hot tears ripping down her cheeks. Stephanie closed her wide eyes and not crying at all. Ellie and Jacob stood next to each other not ruining their moment, instead the silently watch them. Kathleen released from the hug and looked at the sickly looking Stephanie Cornell, who looked stressed out and her dark curls space out unevenly. "Stephanie, why are you in rehab?" Kathleen suddenly asked. They were walking towards the near bus stop. "I was having an alcohol problem. I was stressed out and I just decided to pick up the bottle, I was tempted so I picked it up and when it went down my throat it tasted bitter but I still continued. I ended up walking going into my room sending everyone that dirty gossip, then I escape outside from my window. I stole the car keys and drove to the nearest liquor store, I drove to the party where I had more alcohol I ended up in the bed with my best guy friend. W-we were both naked, and the bottle of alcohol lay beside me." Stephanie recalled, staring out into the distance. She had a blank expression on her face like nothing was going on around her. "I just needed help. But they said I still need more help" She continued.

Kathleen was astonished as she sat on the bench, her mind was blank and no words couldn't come to mind. Ellie had nothing to say either, but she wasn't so surprise about Stephanie's "big surprise" about her non-perfect life. Jacob, however, had the important thing he wanted to tell Ellie on his mind, he was only half listening to what Stephanie was saying. On the bus ride to Kathleen's house, everyone was quiet.

Ellie was in the third guest room packing her clothes away into the dresser, she had stay at Kathleen's house for a couple of days. Jacob came into the room and closed the door behind him. "We need to talk, well, maybe in the end it won't be so much talking" Jacob said. "What is it?" She asked, now facing him. "I think we should go to the next level . . . . .I'm ready" He confessed, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Ready for what?. . . . .oh, you mean that, boy you move on fast" She said. Jacob leaned in, kissing her. Kathleen was setting up the bed for Stephanie who was brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "So where are going to stay" Kathleen asked, standing the doorway of the bathroom. Stephanie spat the white foam down the drain and stared at Kathleen "I'll need to stay here, until I find someone in my family to take me in, until social services bring my mom into a rehab centre" Stephanie said, deadly. She began brushing her teeth her again, Kathleen walked passed the guest room, she heard noises. She opened the door and saw the light turned off but everything was silent again. She turned on the light and see the covers mess up and bulky, goes up to the covers and pulls it back and found Ellie and Jacob laying besides each other while Jacob had his shirt off. Kathleen turned off the light and closed the door behind her.

"That was close, now where were we" Jacob said, his fingers crawling up to her chest. "I think we might as well just go to sleep, I mean Kat just walked in on us luckily we didn't take everything off" Ellie stated, pushing his fingers off. "Maybe another time, when it is right" Jacob said. Stephanie lay down in Kathleen's bed, she never felt so comfortable in a bed before, she was always tense mainly because she was afraid her mother would come into her room and begin to beat upon her. Kathleen watched the ceiling as she thought about her parents for the first time, she never knew why she hadn't come out to her friends that her parents died and that they were sleeping in that locked room. Her guardian was living in the basement she cooks and cares for Kathleen but never comes up one people are around but somehow when everyone is asleep, she cooks breakfast to make it seem like her parents cook breakfast before they left. Ellie and Jacob were both thinking about love, Ellie put her head against his chest and he was stroking her hair. Everyone in the house had separate things on their minds, but they didn't know they're going to face things they never wanted to face in their life.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKvYah01ww

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your stuff reminds me a little bit of the California Diaries by Ann M. Martin.

I see you're a fan of S.E. Hinton. One of my favorite authors. I tried to read her latest grownup novel and it was horrible. She has to stick with her circle of guys.

Anyway, I'm 17. And thanks for your comments. I do appreciate them.

Monika said...

hey! you wrote a comment on my blog, that its cool that i'm from germany. i'm not!
I live in Austria!!!